Sunday, November 16, 2008

Mar's take on Venus


I THINK I'M one of those men who cannot understand women at all and there are several incidents that make me think perhaps I never will be able to.

For example, when my girlfriend and I are in a car and choose some music, I try to play something that she can listen to but she insists on listening to what I like despite the fact that our music tastes are on opposite corners of the universe. When we end up in an argument, she blames me for not giving her any respect and thinking only of myself!


There was once I had to involuntarily tell her stories about my exes and if I have to say, my girlfriend is one of the most jealous women in the country and I know the last thing I should do is to talk about any other woman, but my own mother, to her.

However, she persisted, and forced me to and after that, I was blasted for telling her the most disgusting story in the world. After that, we quarrelled for a whole week because of some bygone nonsense and she managed to make me feel as if I was the worst man in the universe for a while.

Actually, I don't expect girls to understand me but I actually wish they understood what justice means! For God's sake!

MICK VORANISA

Abuse the Youth's vocal/ guitarist

nourishing - if you nourish a feeling, you think about it a lot and encourage it
Mars - men
Venus - women
take on - a particular way of understanding something
incidents - events which are either unpleasant or unusual
insists on - states or demands forcefully, especially despite opposition
blames - says or thinks that someone or something did something wrong or is responsible for something bad happening
involuntarily - not done by choice; done unwillingly
exes - (in this context) ex-girlfriends
jealous - unhappy and angry because someone has something or someone you want
persisted - tried to do or continue doing something in a determined but often unreasonable way
blasted - criticised severely
disgusting - extremely unpleasant or unacceptable
quarrelled - fought, argued
bygone - belonging to or happening in a past time
justice - fairness in the way people are dealt with

Posted by Terry Fredrickson at 02:31 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment